Most patients only need a two to three days to recover from a Wisdom Teeth Surgery. Here are some things to expect:
– Directly after surgery, you will be sent home with gauze strips in your mouth where the teeth were extracted. Periodically bite down on the gauze to help heal the wound. If you are still bleeding after 24 hours, give us a call.
– Try icing your cheeks with a general icepack to help with pain and swelling.
– Only eat soft foods such as pudding or soup.
– Do not use a straw for the first 24 hours.
– Rinse your mouth periodically with warm salt water after the first 24 hours. This will help with swelling and will relieve pain.
– Avoid Smoking. This can clot and cause further bleeding.